The Early Americas Digital Archive is pleased
to announce several new publications:
- Two sermons by Samson Occom, edited by Heather Bowman
et. al. URL: http://mith2.umd.edu/eada/gateway/occom-bouwman.php
- An important document relating to the dispute between
Bartolome de Las Casas and Gines de Sepulveda, ed. by
Rafael Tarrago. URL: http://mith2.umd.edu/eada/gateway/tarrago.php
- An electronic edition of the first American edition of Olaudah Equiano's Interesting Narrative (New York, 1791). (Electronic edition by Elizabeth Kelly, Daniel Green and Nicole Menton, University of Maryland; introduction coming soon).
- The Autobiography and selected poetry by Juan Francisco Manzano (1797-1854), a Cuban slave, edited and translated by Richard Madden (1840). (Electronic edition by Kevin Laurence Pitts and Anita Baksh, University of Maryland; introduction coming soon)
- Three of Benjamin Franklin's Bagatelles: "The Whistle," "Remarks concerning the savages of North America," and "Information to those who would Remove to America " (Electronic edition by Walter Mattson and Ben Strickling, University of Maryland, introduction coming soon). URL http://mith2.umd.edu/eada/gateway/franklin.php
- Several poems by Phillis Wheatley from her 1773 collection Poems on Various Subjects, Religious and Moral as well as John Wheatley's "Letter to the Publick". (Electronic edition and mark-up by Jennifer Wellman and Emily Krebbs, and Jason Jones, University of Maryland). URL: http://mith2.umd.edu/eada/gateway/wheatley.php
For more detail, please see our "guest editor"